21.2.20

Week 6: Microfiction

Microfiction


Author's note:  Mi manchi is an Italian phrase that translates to 'I miss you'. There is a popular song of the same name that I would highly recommend. I like the song and listen to it occasionally. The problem is that I primarily speak English, so the phrase sounds like "Me monkey" in English. I decided to combine the theme of the Italian song with the way I hear the lyrics as an English speaker.

I have included the song here if you want to listen while you read the stories.





Mi manchi

I miss you, my only friend.



Mi manchi

Before my wife had left me we decided to get a pet together. The main reason we decided to get a pet was that we had learned that we could not have kids in the future. We contemplated what kind of animal to adopt, but she wanted something intelligent like a child. This led her to decide on a spider monkey as a pet. That time was nice. Sadly, before many memories were made, she passed. For twenty-something years my sole companion was the monkey. Now with your passing, I am alone. I miss you, my only friend. Mi manchi.


Image result for how long does a spider monkey live
Picture of spider monkey obtained here

2 comments:

  1. Hi Travis! I liked the creativity you had when working with short word constraints. I also liked how you included a song to set the mood of the story. The story itself was very interesting to read and sounds like it came from a place of experience. Are you doing okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Travis,
    This is the first time I've read someone else's Microfiction post and I think you did a really good job. I thought it was really creative how you combined the way the phrase sounds and it's meaning. I also liked how you used your 6 word story in your other one as well. It really tied the two together really well.

    ReplyDelete

Week 14 EC Microfiction

The Goblin Platoon Author Note: I decided that I wanted to write a story about goblins. I wanted to create a story where goblins are a ...