26.1.20

Feedback Thoughts

Thoughts on the Feedback Articles


The first article I looked at was looking at the fixed mindset can hold us back when it comes to feedback. We already talked about the fixed mindset, it is the mindset where we believe our intelligence and abilities are fixed. You believe you can not get smarter so when you are getting feedback it can feel like they are directly attacking your intelligence/abilities. Since with a fixed mindset this feedback could feel like your intelligence or abilities are not enough. The other article I touched on was the seven ways to crush self-doubt. I only found two tips that I thought were not common tips as well as helpful. The first tip that I think is incredibly important is the idea of being vulnerable to a trusted community. It is hard to find people that you can truly trust, and it is even harder for us to be vulnerable. If you can get past these troubles and find people you truly trust then opening up can be incredibly beneficial. I feel like the idea of opening up is talked about when it comes to mental health, but opening up can be beneficial on many issues that you face. The other tip I also really liked was to treat your work like an experiment. In that frame of mind there is no failure, you can only learn what works and what does not. This takes failure completely out of the picture.

Links:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-26/fixed-vs-growth-mindset-at-work-and-in-life/9897782

http://www.spencerauthor.com/seven-ways-to-crush-self-doubt/

A young woman suffering from stress holds her head while using a computer at her work desk.
PHOTO: If you've got a fixed mindset you could struggle more than others to adapt to change. (Getty: Peopleimages)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 EC Microfiction

The Goblin Platoon Author Note: I decided that I wanted to write a story about goblins. I wanted to create a story where goblins are a ...