19.1.20

Time Strategies

Time Strategies


My current plan for time management was to set a schedule: I would do the readings/stories on Tuesday-Thursday and do Projects, Feedback, and Comments on Saturday. I may also work some extra credit stuff on Sundays. 

Articles Read: How to Beat Procrastination and The Psychology of Checklists




The tip I am considering trying from the procrastination article is the process of weighing the pros and cons of inactivity. You weigh the outcomes of not doing your work and continuing your procrastination. This process of looking at the consequences of inactivity can be better than looking at the rewards for activity.


The other article talks about how checklists help us keep track of our tasks, but they also touch on how crossing tasks off our checklists can cause the release of Dopamine. The biggest piece of advice from the article I got was to makes the tasks on your checklist SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Bound. This change to checklists not only helps you keep track of your tasks, but also helps you get those bits of Dopamine from completing tasks.

Image result for checklist
Checklist Render by Flickr.com: Checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 EC Microfiction

The Goblin Platoon Author Note: I decided that I wanted to write a story about goblins. I wanted to create a story where goblins are a ...