16.1.20

Growth Mindset Introduction

Growth Mindset

I have already heard about the growth mindset, some of my professors have made it a point to talk about the growth mindset at the beginning of classes. They have talked about mainly as a way of making students aware that the only thing holding them back is their own preconceived notions about how intelligence works, and to be fair for many it is hard to get out of the fixed mindset. The fixed mindset comes a lot from how the school system works for primary education, most of it is memorization and if the system does not work for someone they can feel dumb. If someone is good at memorization that can lead to the perception of intelligence. 

Coming to college can force you into a more growth oriented mindset, especially if you start off on the bad foot and have to recover from the bad start. The introduction to the growth mindset has made more interested in learning about subjects outside my field, as long as I find the topic interesting. I find this development of interests outside my field has helped me develop a more growth oriented mindset. I am interested in learning in this class, as well as developing even more of a growth oriented mindset.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Travis!
    I completely agree! Once you are stuck and surrounded in an environment with a fixed mindset, it is hard to get out of it. And for me, I am still working on getting out of a fixed mindset. I agree that your mind becomes more open as you transition to a more independent educational life such as college. Good luck with working on that growth mindset!

    ReplyDelete

Week 14 EC Microfiction

The Goblin Platoon Author Note: I decided that I wanted to write a story about goblins. I wanted to create a story where goblins are a ...