3.2.20

Topic Research: Supernatural Beings

Supernatural Beings


For my research project I wanted to do a journal of a cryptid hunter that is taking notes on supernatural beings from our stories. This journal I had decided to focus on two supernatural beings from stories I have read. I would want to make a journal entry based on awakening Kumbhakarna, the giant, I can get a lot of info for a journal entry. One of the stories, Pot-Ear's Awakening, is all about waking up the sleeping giant. 

I also want to write about the rakshasas, what is cryptid hunting without a man-eating creature. In this part of the journal I would want to talk about what separates this creature from other man-eating creatures from other mythologies. I would want to write about what makes this creature different and key traits of the  rakshasas. I would use the chapters from the ramayana, the public domain edition, as the main information to base my storybook on. 


Demon Yakshagana.jpg
Rakshasa as depicted in Yakshagana, an art form of coastal Karnataka

Image result for rakshasa
Rakshasa as portrayed in modern media within D&D on DNDBeyond.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14 EC Microfiction

The Goblin Platoon Author Note: I decided that I wanted to write a story about goblins. I wanted to create a story where goblins are a ...